Obtain the Getty Vocabularies
How to obtain the Getty vocabulary data
- On the Getty Web site: Users may search for individual terms and names in the Getty vocabularies online. The data is refreshed every two weeks. The Getty vocabularies are made available via this Web interface to support limited research and cataloging efforts.
- Fee-free formats: Users may acquire the full data for AAT, TGN, and ULAN, which is available in JSON, RDF, N3/Turtle, and N-Triples under the Open Data Commons Attribution License (ODC-By) 1.0, through our Linked Open Data project.
- Licensing raw data files: The AAT, ULAN, and TGN are currently available in annual releases of XML and relational tables. An institution must acquire a license and pay the required fees in order to access the data. With the license, the data is also available via Web Services, where data is refreshed every two weeks. See the data dictionaries and more information about acquiring the data at the Download Center.
- Incorporated in vendors' systems: The Getty vocabularies may be used in various collection management systems or other information systems, for example Adlib Information Systems, Cuadra Associates, Gallery Systems, KE Software/KE EMu, Luna Imaging, Questor Systems, Vernon Systems, or Willoughby Associates.
- Data Dictionaries: The data dictionaries and other documentation describe the release formats and content of the Getty vocabularies. They do not give step-by-step instructions on how to construct a database or interface based on the data files; analysis and programming resources will be required to implement the vocabularies. The Getty does not provide technical support. View the data dictionaries and data from our Download Center.