The next deadline to apply for this grant is December 1, 2014. Due to a system transition, the link to complete your online application will be available by the beginning of October.
Internships are open to students of all nationalities. Applicants must be:
Internships are located at the Getty Center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu. All positions are full-time beginning September 14, 2015. Most internships are for eight months, ending May 20, 2016. Conservation internships are twelve months, ending September 9, 2016. Grant amounts are $17,400 for eight months and $26,000 for twelve months. Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500. The grant includes health benefits for all and $1,000 towards relocation expenses for those that qualify, but housing is not provided. Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions.
Please prepare the attachments according to the instructions below. Once the online application link is available, it will be posted here, and you may proceed to register, fill out a short form, upload your materials, and submit the application. All materials must be received by 5:00p.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 1, 2014. Materials received after the deadline will result in an incomplete application.
1. Online Application: A link will be available by early October.
2. Supplemental Application Form: This will be available through the online appplication link.
3. Personal Statement: Your Personal Statement should consist of no more than 500 words (two double-spaced pages) that explains how your Getty internship choices fit with your background and career goals. Include the reasons for your choice of specific departments or programs for an internship. Also describe what you hope to achieve from the experience and what you believe you can contribute.
4. Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Current resumes are required for all applicants. Please limit resumes to five pages.
6. Transcript(s): Transcripts are required for both undergraduate and graduate degrees completed or in progress. Please be aware that you may be requested to submit hardcopies of official transcripts/academic records at a later date in the evaluation process. If you graduated from a school outside of the United States, transcripts may be substituted with proof of completed courses and/or copies of diploma(s). If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, provide proof of current enrollment (for example, your most recent transcript or academic record). A note concerning multiple transcripts: you may upload each one individually or as a single combined document (strongly preferred).
7. Letters of Recommendation (2): Applicants must have two confidential letters of recommendation submitted directly by their recommenders. Letters must be received no later than 5:00p.m. Pacific Standard Time on December 1, 2014. Typically, the most appropriate recommenders are university faculty members who are able to address your academic performance. Other recommenders may include past or current employers of relevant work who are familiar with your skills and abilities. Please note that once the online application link is available, you will be able to enter your recommenders' contact information. Recommenders will be automatically contacted via email through the application system.
Applicants must have access to a Web browser that allows cookies. We strongly recommend use of the the following browser versions (or later): Internet Explorer 8; Mozilla Firefox 3.6.1; Safari 5; Google Chrome 5. Click on the appropriate link below:
The Getty Foundation
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90049-1685
Phone: (310) 440-7320
Fax (inquiries only): (310) 440-7703
Due to the large volume of applications received, staff is unable to respond to application-related questions once the deadline has passed. Finalists will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews in March 2015. All applicants will be notified of the Getty Foundation's decision in April 2015.
For technical assistance, or if you cannot submit an online application, please contact email@example.com. We are available during normal business hours Pacific Standard Time, and will attempt to respond within two business days.