Volume 21.2

On the Cover
A photograph of a conservator at work, circa 1930, from the William Suhr archive of the Research Library at the Getty Research Institute (GRI). Suhr was a conservator at the Detroit Institute of the Arts from 1927 to 1933, before moving to New York to become conservator to the Frick Collection (he also maintained a private practice and after World War II worked closely with dealers and other clients active in the art market). The Suhr archive, which includes photographs and treatment notes from a nearly sixty-year period (1920–1979), is one of a number of collections relevant to conservation that are housed among the extensive holdings of the Research Library at the GRI. Photo: Courtesy the Research Library, Getty Research Institute. © circa 1930, The Detroit Institute of the Arts.