Applications are now being accepted for Getty Graduate Internships for the 2003-2004 program year. The Graduate Internship program offers full-time paid internships for graduate students currently enrolled in a graduate course of study or for students who have recently completed a graduate degree who intend to pursue careers in art museums and related fields of the visual arts, humanities, and sciences.
Internship opportunities at the GCI include:
- learning to organize and implement field campaigns;
- developing laboratory research and its application to practical fieldwork;
- conducting technical examinations of works of art in the Getty collections;
- using scientific and analytical tests and equipment to understand processes of material deterioration;
- contributing to the creation of curricula and didactic materials for continuing professional development;
- developing methodologies to identify information resource needs of local and professional communities;
- delivering conservation-related information to a variety of general and professional audiences.
Internships are also offered in the conservation laboratories of the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Getty Research Institute. The application deadline for the 2003-2004 program is January 3, 2003. For further information, including application materials and a complete list of internship opportunities, please visit the Opportunities section of the Getty Web site. Information is also available by contacting:
The J. Paul Getty Museum
Getty Graduate Internships
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90049-1687 U.S.A.
Tel. 310 440-7156